Thursday, March 26, 2009

Potluck#56: To Tweet or Not to Tweet...Twitter

Reading through all the information on Twitter, it sounds so cute, especially the glossary, i.e. twaiting, tweeple, etc. However after searching twitter, it seems rather inane. I searched weaving, which is a new hobby of mine. I didn't expect posts on car weaving--weaving in and out of traffic. . .interesting. I looked at some of the Trending Topics next. I looked at Earth Hour and Living Social's. The Earth Hour Tweets were not interesting, but some of the links led to interesting websites. I then looked at one of the nifty queries, Love or Hate. It was just a series of twitters about what people liked. I did an advanced search and put my home town in the places search. I got some twitter/tweets, whatever you call them about the weather from the local news station. That could be useful, I suppose.

I don't see Twitter as something I would ever use, even though it sounds so cute, and I do like birds. Once again, I think some people may have too much time on their hands, but I'm probably just not getting it.

No comments: