Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Pot Luck #54 TXT U L8R Texting

I have sent a few text messages, but I don't text often. I first started texting a few years ago when I had a friend who was working overseas, and it was cheaper for us to text each other. My daughter also took a trip out of the country, and she sent me a text to let me know she arrived safely. I sent her a couple of texts, as well. I don't know all of the lingo and shortcuts, so I find it tedious to text. I thought Lingo 2 Word was interesting. It seems texting is creating an entire new language. Will it really effect people's ability to spell correctly?

I would never text and drive. I'm not adept enough at texting to do it without looking at my phone continuously. I think it is very dangerous for even adept texters to text and drive. No one should be driving and doing anything other than concentrating on the road and what's around them, especially in a city like Houston!

No comments: