Tuesday, November 20, 2007

Week 10 #23

This was a fun program, and I really appreciate Harris County Library letting us learn all these new things. It is important for librarians to keep up with the new technology, and I appreciated the opportunity to explore some of the new things that can be done on the web.

I loved creating my own blog, my son (22) and daughter (24) were very impressed! I thought creating an avatar was great fun. I have found bloglines to be one of the most useful tools for me. I use it daily to catch up on various topics of interest, including my favorite comic strip.

I was surprised to learn about the webbased apps, free word processing and spreadsheets. I thought only microsoft office products were used.

I think Podcasts could be useful to our library by having podcasts of some of our programs, so patrons could hear the different programs we offer. Podcasts on using the library might be helpful as well.

I would like to learn about anything new. I'm not sure what other web 2.0 applications are out there. If we could do this program again in another year with new things to learn, I'd love doing it. It is also great that we made this learning experience available to our patrons. All in all this was a very positive experience, and I'm glad I had the opportunity to participate.

No comments: