Tuesday, October 16, 2007

Week 6 # 14

Technorati is rather interesting. I noticed one of the top searches is Learning 2.0, so apparently many of my co-workers have already gone to Technorati and done some searching. I tried the different search strategies, and each gave a different number of searches: Keyword--35,790, Tag Search--27,430, and Blog Directory--723. Of course, Keyword searching always gives the most results in any search engine. I thought the little "fan" boxes next to the blog links were kind of cute. I searched my online name for my blog and came up with an earlier link to my blog from September when I posted my Flickr picture. That was interesting. I have an unusual first name, so I searched it to come up with a very interesting blog, which was filtered, and I couldn't have gotten to it from our public computers. No, it was not my blog nor about me. Technorati is not something I'm interested in using, so I'm not going to go for the iStar Challenge this week. That's not to say I didn't enjoy learning about it.

No comments: