Monday, October 29, 2007

Week 8 #18

I looked at some of the social networking sites. I was curious about myspace, since it is so popular with the younger generation. One thing I didn't like is that it appears anyone can post comments and pictures to your site, so you would want to monitor it daily. In that respect, it's not really your space.

I know these networks are just another form of communication, and I suppose they can be useful. It does make me wonder if people will get to the point that they won't develop real social skills, because they will be using the online world for their social lives.

I thought the ratemyspace site was interesting. I do like decorating, and it's interesting to see what others have done with their spaces. However, I don't have the time to sit and click on each picture waiting for it to load up. I'd rather look at a magazine or decorating book. I think I'm just too impatient.

I searched for other social networks and found shelfari, which is a book site, and it looks interesting, as well, but I still would rather discuss my books in person with someone than online. I sometimes feel the online world makes people more isolated. Maybe it's just my age. . .

No comments: