Tuesday, October 23, 2007

Week 7 #17

I love learning all this new tech "stuff". I am very comfortable using the Internet and Microsoft Office programs, but it's been difficult for me to keep up with all the new programs. I didn't realize how much was free until I began the ihcpl training. There was an article in the Chronicle this morning about how young people (those born after 1985) are much more public than previous generations. We (those of us born before 1985) kept our diaries and personal info private.

http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/life/5236032.html

With the popularity of Facebook, Myspace, and blogs, the younger generation is used to their lives being very public. I'm not sure how this will affect our future society, but technology is definitely changing how we do things and how we look at the world. Now if I could just figure out what the heck twittering is.

I have posted comments on some of my co-worker's blogs. It's fun to read what others have thought about our 23 things training.

No comments: